Thursday 14 July 2011

Retro Makeup Face of the Day: Pinup Girl in Ruby Woo

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to show you my face of the day. I was very much inspired by the 1940/50s makeup with the bold red lip and pink cheeks. While I love a smokey eye, there is nothing like this classic makeup look. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, can pull this look off. No matter how far you decided to take it, this retro makeup style will look good on you.

And if you are worried about the red lips...start with a drugstore brand like Revlon (love their lipsticks--fire&ice or cherries in the snow or Revlon red). In this case I used 2 colors and a wetnwild taupe pencil to get this look.

For my face I used:

L'Oreal True Match in n4 buff beige
Hard Candy Glamoflauge concealer

For the eyes I used:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Your Ladyship Pigment from MAC
and Charcoal Brown in the crease and for my brows.
MAC's zoom lash for mascara with false lashes on top from Model 21.

For the cheeks I used:
NYX cream blush in Glow with MAC's Fashion Frenzy from the Fafi collection

For the lips I used MAC's Ruby Woo all over and Lady Danger in the pout.

I love this look...it's a glam look that stays on during the hot summer nights!

Give it a try!

Don't forget to check out my retro outfit in the post below!

Happy Fashions,
Elisa L'Amour xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion feed - latest

My Favorites