Wednesday 7 September 2011

Vintage Vantage: Southwestern Style


When I received this Tucker for Target dress for my birthday last year, I could have never imagined what an integral item it would turn out to be in my retro wardrobe. The ironic thing is that this dress is supposed to look boho chic with a blousy 70s feel to it. However, because Target does not make their 'Go International Designer for Target' range in junior plus sizes, one (meaning me), must improvise. If you are not the 'correct' number size for a garment I suggest you try it on anyways. It's true that I won't be able to squeeze into a size 2 jean but I can rock an XL especially when it's blousy.


I really love how the colors in this photo (above) work so nicely together. I think the mustard yellow wall gives an added oomph to the whole look. Also it enhances the outfit into having a vintage southwest feel.

As for my accessories, I wanted to keep them all tied into the same color spectrum of the dress. If you want to go for a retro look try and match your accessories to the colors in your outfit. It will instantly make your look a classic. However, I am not so rigid when it comes to everything looking vintage. My watch for example is for men but I love the heft of it. And all the reds don't match my lipstick exactly...I'm just not that compulsive :p 

I hope you enjoyed the photos and thanks for stopping by :)

Happy Fashions,
Elisa L'Amour
New Pollution Designs

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothes Stockist
Denim Dress: Lane Bryant
Blue Print Dress: Tucker for Target
Red Belt: Torrid
Cream Ring: Noir
Vintage Gold Hoop Earrings: Ebay
Red Patent Open Toe Shoes: Target
Watch: Invicta Grand Lupah
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
model and stylist: Elisa L'Amour
photographer: Jessica
copyright 2011
all content is owned and created by New Pollution Designs

3 comments:

  1. I love this pattern, i absolutely have to incorporated in my wardrobe!You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair girlie! I don't match my red to my reds in my outfit either. I will usually have them match within reason. For some reason, I don't wear red lips with red in my outfit much. It looks good on you though. I like the way the navy and red go together in your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @natasha THANK YOU! The pattern is retro and modern at the same time...it's a fav!

    @Sirens Sexy Glad to know I am not the only one who does not match all reds! But I am loving red and navy...it's a classic! :D

    ReplyDelete

Fashion feed - latest

My Favorites