Wednesday 21 September 2011

DIM SUM FEAST! Birthday Special

It's my birthday week! And that means that celebrations are afoot! I am happy to report that it's been so great catching up with friends and family! So much in fact that I wanted to share a few photos of a new year and new beginning for me. These are a few pictures of my birthday dim sum lunch with my sister and close friend...we've known each other over 10 years! I didn't quite ask if my friend wanted to be showcased to the world so I put a mask on her for anonymity! HI FRIEND! Thanks for a wonderful day!

Let the pictures begin:


Above is my birthday outfit of the day! I kept it classic and comfortable because it was going to be a big meal. I wore a Tommy Hilfiger jacket with a navy t-shirt and jeans. On my feet, which you can't see sadly, are my Bass Weejuns loafers...oh and my MiuMiu bag! Another friend for my b-day gave me a little monkey pin which is on my lapel.


Here I am at the dim sum place. The food was amazing! Sorry the picture is a bit blurry but this was all taken in the moment :)
Fun Fact: People were giggling as the table posed with food for pics. Oh well...it had to be done! :p

Below is my sister and friend. I added all the party dazzle after the fact, lol! They looked great for the day but I felt like everyone needed a crown or party mask on my blog today! Princess complex anyone? hahaha!

(sister and friend)
I hope they don't kill me! :P
It was such a wonderful day that I had just had to share.




So this is just a tiny bit of the wonderful dishes that we had. There is so much variety at dim sum that I think no matter what you like you will find happiness at your table. We had eggplant, BBQ pork buns, shrimp, seaweed salad, jasmine tea and more! Seriously if you have never tried to go for dim sum you must seek it out and have a feast. It's an amazing culinary adventure!

Here is a definition of dim sum from wikipedia. This is just in case someone isn't exactly sure what I'm writing about :)

"Dim sum is a Cantonese term for snack. However, dim sum more typically refers to a style of Chinese food prepared as small bite-sized or individual portions of food, traditionally served in small steamer baskets or on small plates. Dim sum is also well known for the unique way it is sometimes served in some restaurants, where fully cooked and ready-to-serve dim sum dishes would be pushed around on steam carts by servers who go around the restaurant offering the dishes to customers and marking orders on a card on each customer's table."



Happy Fashions,
Elisa L'Amour
New Pollution Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion feed - latest

My Favorites