Wednesday 14 September 2011

Graphic In Nature: Plus Size Outfit of the Day

Q: What is black and white and red all over?
A: ME! With a dash of glam...of course.


Hello! Did you guess the answer to the riddle correctly? Haha!

Are you stuck in a rut with only wearing black most days? If you answered 'YES' then this post will be very helpful to you and hopefully more inspiration to everyone who reads this!

I find the graphic undertone to this seemingly black and white outfit most interesting. As simple as the color scheme is, the clash of stripes and polka dots give the look a modern touch. They make it less precious and more modern and edgy, while still looking ladylike.


Fun Fact: This look was photographed in many locations but nothing seemed to showcase the graphic elements of this outfit until we found a strong, bold and modern background. I'm standing in front of rich brown red metal panels.


The above picture is a closeup of a sweet little hat I made. The polka dots are repeated in the skirt, only reversed.


I love vintage costume jewelry, especially from the 50's and 60s. These two little broaches are actually a pair of vintage clip on earrings that were my grandmothers. I want to wear them all the time but they are too dear to me to lose so I occasionally wear them on the collar.

Quick Fashion Tip: If you find clip on earrings that you love but they kill your earlobes wear them on your shirt collar, neckline or shirt pocket for added glam.

These leopard peep toes shoes just worked with this outfit. You could wear black shoes to match the outfit or red shoes to match the belt, however, the leopard print adds unexpected excitement.
By adding the red belt I felt that it helped the eye to better understand two incongruous prints. Also no black and white outfit is complete without a pop of color.

I hope you enjoyed! If you like my outfits please tell your friends and family about my blog and youtube channel--send them the links below. I would greatly appreciate it! Let's spread the word of fab plus size fashion!

Blog: http://elisaloves.blogspot.com/
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/mselisalamourandco

Thanks,
Elisa L'Amour
New Pollution Designs
___________________________________________________________________________________
Fashion Stockist
Polk Dot Hat: New Pollution Designs
Stripe Shirt: H&M BIB Collection
Polka Dot Skirt: Thrift Store aka Charity Shop
Leopard Shoes: Target
Black Ring: Noir
___________________________________________________________________________________
Stylist, Makeup Artist, Hair Stylist, Model: Elisa L'Amour
photographes by Jessica

4 comments:

  1. I love the clip on earrings/broaches! I have been buying them at thrift stores, and I just adore how they glamourfy an outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sirens Sexy Thank You! Aren't vintage clip on earrings great! I just wish they didn't hurt my ears, haha! Thanks for reading my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu are so fabulous. I love your style and the plus size clothing that you wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @PlusClothingExpert Thank you so much for the compliment! I appreciate you reading my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Fashion feed - latest

My Favorites