Friday 9 September 2011

Mad Max Meets Dark Glam: An Ode to Fashion Week--Plus Size Editorial Outfit of the Day

Me, I love fashion. I love the fantasy, the self expression and the frivolity of it all. But what I don't like is the lack of diversity be it age, size, or race to walk down the runways of fashion week. Yes, the media finds it daring when a designer will add an older model, a plus size one (who is actually average size in the real world) or three ethnic girls in a show at once...oh the applause.

But for me, I want to see it all and more often than not. So, I decided to style myself in honor of fashion week and those who are left out of the mainstream. We deserve the fantasy, the fun and the frivolity of it all no matter where we are at in life. Remember age and size is just a number...it does not define who we are! So get out there and rock it!

I hope you enjoy!

Happy Fashions,
Elisa L'Amour
New Pollution Designs

Fun Fact: There was a family of quail running around behind me while these photos were being taken.
I am loving the dark glam look! My lipstick is Revlon's Black Cherry. It was created by makeup artist Gucci Westman for London Fashion Week... a few years ago I believe.

Fun Fact: It was hot as Hades in the desert! I'm talking triple digits and I am wearing a fur vest! I recommend NOT wearing a fur vest during a heat wave.
(Above) Here are some of the close ups of my outfit. I think it's a dark glam twist on Mad Max...sadly, Tina Turner was not around during this photo shoot! :( But I tried to channel her to the best of my abilities! lol.

(Below) I wanted to show you a close up of my Dolce Vita for Target wedges. These can be worn in the winter with tights or cute socks. Miuccia Prada is a big fan of open toe shoes and socks....so there must be something to it!
Also I think the buckle on my jeggings from Lane Bryant adds a cute detail! And the bright nails against the darkness of the outfit adds a bit of irreverence to an otherwise serious look. ________________________________________________________________________________________ Fashion Stockist
Fur Vest: Rachel Zoe QVC.com
Sequence Top: Evans Ltd UK
Jeggings: Lane Bryant
Shoes: Dolce Vita for Target
Lipstick: Black Cherry by Revlon
Nails: Barry M Nail Paint # 295 Turquoise
Ring: Noir _________________________________________________________________________________________ Model, Stylist, Hair and Makeup Artist: Elisa L'Amour
All photos taken by Jessica
All content was created and owned by New Pollution Designs

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, u look stunning, the make up, the hair, the clothes i love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @natasha THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR KIND WORDS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    xoxo
    Jessica Kane
    www.lifeandstyleofjessica.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You really look so glamorous. I love your fashion style and I just wanna know where do you shop for fashionable plus size clothing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @PlusClothingExpert Thanks for reading! Great question: "I just wanna know where do you shop for fashionable plus size clothing?" I put where I buy my clothes at the bottom of each post in the FASHION STOCKIST section. But if you have a question please feel free to ask! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look good. Plus size dress are coming with great designs and stylish in which women's look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Fashion feed - latest

My Favorites