Saturday 5 June 2010

Purple Rain: Hollywood Forever Cemetery

There are parts of the 80s that I think everyone should keep alive. I suppose it's because I remember the 80's (I was a but a wee babe) but I still can't get past the MUSIC. Give me Duran Duran, Prince, Cindi Lauper, Madonna, The Cars and more any day!!! Also my cousin was a teenager in the 80s and I thought she was incredibly cool for wearing a stud earring in one ear and a large plastic pink dangling '7' earring in the other. Plus she had these magazine pull-outs of all the 80s musicians of the time all over her bedroom walls... Prince, Michael Jackson and Boy George come to mind.

So when I had the chance to go to the Hollywood Forever Cemetery this past weekend to see Purple Rain on the side of a huge mausoleum with some of my home-girls (yes I am inappropriately keeping that saying alive) I jumped at the opportunity and it was amazing! Granted the hipster quotient was a bit out of control but everyone was in a great mood and had fun.

It was a picnic situation so the Purple Rain fans laid out their blankets and chairs in the "empty" cemetery grounds and ate everything from vegan dishes to BBQ. My friend, forever the the Italian Momma, brought a sandwich spread that would make a grown man weak in the knees. I couldn't have asked for a more special night with my friends. I want to urge anyone that lives in So Cal to go to one of these movie viewings.
http://www.cinespia.org/calendar/

Oh and for the record we didn't sit on any graves so no worries!!!

So in honor of that fun evening I want to put up two lil' videos for your enjoyment!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fashion feed - latest

My Favorites